Terms and Conditions of Trade
The Client : The company or individual requesting the services of Miraquel trading as Website-Doctor.com or Website-Marketing-Consultancy.co.uk.
Website-Doctor.com: Primary designer / site owner & employees or affiliates.
- Website-Doctor.com will carry out work only where an agreement is provided either by email, telephone, mail. Website-Doctor.com will carry out work only for clients who are 18 years of age or above. An 'order' is deemed to be a written or verbal contract between Website-Doctor.com and the client, this includes verbal telephone and email agreements.
Unpaid Invoices / work for no pay: -
- Where a domain has been registered if the registration or and the website hosting has not been paid in full by the due date Website-Doctor.com reserves the right to remove the website and any content and display in that place a page or pages and links of our choice.
- Should a client pay for the domain name or hosting then once the funds have been cleared the page of our choice will be removed and the clients page re-instated.
- To avoid confusion, Free work - Website-Doctor, Miraquel, Website-Marketing-Consultancy.co.uk, or any other trading name associated with Charles Willcock will not and does not perform work for free, unless we choose to do so. You would not expect a restaurant to provide you with a free meal, your accountant to work without pay, and nor will Charles Willcock. If you choose to work for nothing that is entirely your choice.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that the website and any scripts or programs are free of errors, Website-Doctor.com cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred due to malfunction, the website or any part of it.
- The website, graphics and any programming code remain the property of Website-Doctor.com until all outstanding accounts are paid in full.
- Any scripts, cgi applications, asp, aspx, php scripts, or software (unless specifically agreed) written by Website-Doctor.com remain the copyright of Website-Doctor.com and may only be commercially reproduced or resold with the permission of Website-Doctor.com.
- The HTML code and techniques used to hold a website together remains the Intellectual Property of Website-Doctor.com and we reserve the right to with hold access to the FTP details and thereby the IP of how sites are put together. This does not restrict the clients right to the text or images which make up a site.
- Website-Doctor.com cannot take responsibility for any copyright infringements caused by materials submitted by the client. We reserve the right to refuse any material of a copyrighted nature unless adequate proof is given of permission to use such material.
- Any additions to briefs provided will be carried out at the discretion of Website-Doctor.com and where no charge is made by Website-Doctor.com for such additions, Website-Doctor.com accept no responsibility to ensure such additions are error free and reserve the right to charge an according amount for any correction to these or further additions.
- The client agrees to make available as soon as is reasonably possible to Website-Doctor.com all materials required to complete the site to the agreed standard and within the set deadline.
- Website-Doctor.com will not be liable for costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the failure to meet agreed deadlines.
- Website-Doctor.com will not be liable or become involved in any disputes between the site owner and their clients and cannot be held responsible for any wrongdoing on the part of a site owner. e.g. Any disputes re content / images that have been provided to us for inclusion on the site.
- Website-Doctor.com will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the work carried out on behalf of the client or any of the clients appointed agents.
- Website-Doctor.com will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the unavailability of the site, its servers, software or any material provided by its agents.
- A non-refundable deposit of 35% is required with all of our projects before any design work will be carried out.
- Once a website has been designed and completed the final balance of payment is then due in accordance with our payment terms. There are no exceptions to this, i.e. If the client decides they no longer want the site, as they have commissioned the work and paid a deposit they are still obliged to pay for the work that has been done. Non payment will result in legal action being taken if necessary. Once full payment is received for a website, it is assumed that the project has been completed to the clients satisfaction and no refunds can be offered. Website-Doctor.com do offer free updates for a month after completion to allow for any final amendments that may be required.
Database, Application and E-Commerce Development
- Website-Doctor.com cannot take responsibility for any losses incurred by the use of any software created for the client. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure products are problem free and accurate, the ultimate responsibility lies with the client in ensuring that all software is functioning correctly before use.
- Any scripts, applications or software (unless specifically agreed) written by Website-Doctor.com remain the copyright of Website-Doctor.com and may only be commercially reproduced or resold with the permission of Website-Doctor.com.
- Where applications or sites are developed on servers not recommended by Website-Doctor.com, the client is expected to provide or seek any information, additional software, support or co-operation pertaining to the server required in order for the application to be correctly developed. Where large applications are to be developed, it is the client's responsibility to provide a suitable testing environment which is identical to the final production environment.
- The client is expected to test fully any application or programming relating to a site developed by Website-Doctor.com before being made generally available for use. Where "bugs", errors or other issues are found after the site is live, Website-Doctor.com will endeavour (but is not obliged to) to correct these issues to meet the standards of function outlined in the brief
- Website-Doctor.com will endeavour to ensure that any developed / designed site or application will function correctly on the server it is initially installed in and that it will function correctly when viewed with the web browsing software namely Microsoft Internet Explorer Version: -
- Please note that whilst a website might be viewable on Internet Explorer 6 no-one should be using this browser - it is not secure http://www.ie6countdown.com/ unfortunately this browser is mainly used in the public sector. IE 7 and 8 - we make no guarantees for compatibility with these browsers.
- FireFox - version on general release at the time the website was commissioned.
- Google Chrome - version on general release at the time the website was commissioned
- Wherever possible Website-Doctor.com websites are built to comply with http://validator.w3.org/ but third party apps sometimes fail to meet the requirements of the W3C which normally such apps work but do not comply with the rules.
- Whilst Website-Doctor.com offers website hosting, no guarantees can be made as to the availability or interruption of this service by Website-Doctor.com cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of this service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
- Website-Doctor.com reserves the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial, and also to terminate the free hosting service should the necessity arise.
- All Website-Doctor.com websites are built with doing well in Google envisaged from the concept, but...
- Due to external factors, such as changes to the way search engines rank websites, we cannot offer any guarantees regarding the position we will achieve for websites. The process of optimizing websites itself will bring in more traffic and hits and you'll see visits increase to your site naturally. We cannot accept liability for any change in rankings, or drop off in the position of your website due to changes in the algorithms of the search engines or the factors that they use to rank websites.
- We use 'white hat techniques' when optimizing websites and always aim to achieve a top ten ranking for your website within six months of undertaking the optimization process. Due to the work involved payment is generally required in advance and we are unable to offer a refund of any monies to clients in relation to this type of work.
- Website-Doctor.com reserves the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial.
Payment of Accounts
- A deposit is required from any new client before any work is carried out. A part payment may well also be required for existing clients. It is the Website-Doctor.com policy that any outstanding accounts for work carried out by Website-Doctor.com or its affiliates are required to be paid in full, no later than 7 days from the date of the invoice unless by prior arrangement with Website-Doctor.com. Where invoices are overdue Website-Doctor.com reserves the right to charge interest at the statutory rate - Bank of England base rate plus 8%. Website-Doctor.com uses this calculator.
- Once a deposit is paid and work completed you are obliged to pay the balance of payment in full. We will contact clients via email and telephone to remind them of such payments if they are not received when due.
- If accounts are not settled or Website-Doctor.com haa not been contacted regarding the delay, access to the related website may be denied and web pages removed and a page of Website-Doctor.com's choice subsituted, we will then pass such cases to the Small Claims Court to pursue payment, non payment can result in county court judgements (ccj's) being added to the clients credit rating.
- Following consistent non payment of an invoice our Solicitors will contact the client in question, with a view to taking the matter further and if need be to seek payment through legal procedures, and if necessary court summons.
- We do not share or sell any of your details with third party companies, without your express permission and we will only email you or contact you about work related matters.
- Anyone who experiences a problem with their web service provided by Website-Doctor.com should raise the matter directly using our contact form to do so, giving sufficient information to locate the material (such as an url) and clearly outlining the grounds for complaint. Website-Doctor.com will approach the individual responsible for the material in question with a view to resolving the matter to the satisfaction of the complainant.
Formal complaints procedure
- The formal complaints procedure should only be used where the complainant feels that the nature of the complaint is too serious to be dealt with informally, or where a satisfactory conclusion has not been reached after following the informal procedure.
- A formal complaint should be made in writing to Website-Doctor.com, who will acknowledge receipt and ensure that the matter is looked into as soon as possible.
- An initial response to any complaint can be expected within seven days of its receipt; a full and considered response to the complaint should be completed within 30 days and any subsequent remedy implemented with the minimum of delay.