Market sectors covered
- Cutting Tools
- Electronics Assembly
- Garage Repairs
- Garden Centres
- Household Maintenance
- Professional Services
- Specialist Paints
- Specialist Products
- Trade Work for other web developers
Comprising Brochure websites and ecommerce
- Is your site
- Are you
- Submit your
site NOW for
a Free Review!
Fresh Enquiries Week-in Week-out!
Sales up hundreds of thousands of pounds per year...
Most companies are on, at the very least, their second website - isn't it time you had a search engine friendly one?
Many Website-Doctor projects involve taking on an existing website - and making it "Google Friendly" - most decision makers in business are coming round to the fact that, for better or worse, how the company website fairs in Google, is becoming a key element of success.
This trend is only likely to increase in the future.
The key ingredients which make a website successful in Google tend to work with other search engines.
Amazingly very few websites have been built to do well in Google. This is an extraordinary fact - the seeds of this problem lie in the background of many web developers namely art and design. Such vulgar ideas as sales and revenue are not at the forefront of what they are aiming for. Which may be fine for some - but if increasing sales revenue is of any interest - then you need a website which comes up well in Google.
3 to 4 thousand visitors per month to your website...
Month in Month out
Indestructible Paint is a good example of a company with a large website which had been around for many years, the website was looking a little tired. Initiall the website ticked all the boxes for meeting best design practice when it was built around 2000 but of course technology moves on.
In the Spring of 2007 the company management had been persuaded that they needed a new website including: -
- a new website name
- and new content
However the new design suffered from many problems:-
- It did not display in website browsers such as Firefox, a browser used by many, or Safari.
- The code did not validate as per the W3C recommendations.
- No pages were indexed in Google, and they were not designed to do well in Google had they been indexed.
- The website statistics were not comprehensive and were difficult to access.
- Much of the content in the first website had been simply duplicated in the second website - not a good idea if you seek to do well in Google.
- The new website name made little sense and was not relevant to what customers or prospects were searching for.
All in all the new website project had done nothing to move the company forward, indeed it has absorbed a lot of time and money and achieved little.
Initially the Website-Doctor challenge was an examination of where they were and what it was they were trying to do.
Whilst the first website was in need of an overhaul there was a lot going for the original site and it became clear that customers were happy to use the original website name - which was easy to remember.
What was needed was to fix the first site.
As the first site had grown to 275+ pages and the new site had numerous pages this was like trying to un-tangle two balls of string - but with some patience the job was successfully achieved and today the site is generating roughly a thousand visitors per month - of which 80% are new.
- Today most of the traffic comes from organic searches and most of the visitors are using Google to discover the site.
- For many relevant search terms the website is in the top 3 or 4 results in Google, and in many cases first.
- All the relevant stakeholders have easy access to comprehensive website statistics on demand whenever they wish to take a look.
- The website works correctly in all website browsers.
- Duplicate content not on the main site but which could be found elsewhere on the web has been taken down.
- The website transformation required very little in the way of input of scarce management time from the client.
- Clearly the decision not to scrap the first site in favour of the new site was extremely fortunate and the company now has a solid platform for future expansion.
If you are faced with a similar situation...
Why not seek a free review?
With the challenges facing the economy no company can afford to have an under performing website - if you suspect that your website is not working as hard as you why not get a free review today?
Contact Website-Doctor Today.